How to dispose lithium metal scrap?

My Lab. involves in lithium-ion battery research and constantly generates scraps of lithium metal (stored in a glove-box). Can anyone
give me some suggestions of how to safely dispose those scraps of active metal? Or where can I find relevent information?
snipped-for-privacy@ttu.edu.tw (Yung-Jen Lin) wrote in message

Could you sell them on ebay? Are these pure scraps of Lithium metal?
aSkeptic wrote:

Yes, no shortage of loons on ebay wanting to build bombs.

LOL! do not flush down the toilet..
aSkeptic wrote:

Why not grind it to powder and add it to home made toffee for that extra kick.
Check with this company: http://www.skylighter.com /
They might have a buyer for it, they sell pyrotechnic supplies.-Jitney
replying to Yung-Jen Lin , Dplaisted wrote:

Hi,
Did you ever find an outlet for your scrap Li metal? I am very curious because I am also looking for one as my company generates a lot of pure Li metal scrap on a regular basis.
Dplaisted