How to open Diebold cashsource ATM

I bought this ATM machine with the contents of a storage locker. The ATM is about chest high like you would find in a convenience store. It says Cashsource by Diebold on the top of it. Inside the cabinet is a safe door with a silver combination dial with a shroud around most of it. To the left of the dial is a larger round black wheel with a pull handle underneath it. I want to open it and use the lower cabinet as a light duty safe. I have a replacement for the lock and dial. I have tools to drill it I just need to know where. Don't say call a locksmith because I already have and they either don't know how to do it or want more money than it's worth.

Reply to
qwerty

-a- I'm not a locksmith, but...

-b- You're joking/trolling, right?

-c- Riiiggght. I thought so.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Ummm no. I buy storage locker contents that have been abandoned by the renters at auction. You typically get the entire contents. You don't get to pick and choose through it. An ATM machine is far from the strangest thing I've found. After doing a little research I learned the ATM is not compliant with modern encryption standards nor is it practical for it to be upgraded to them so it isn't worth anything as an ATM so I want to use it for a low security safe for tools and such.

Strange reply. This is a locksmithing board right?

Reply to
qwerty

<snip>

If it costs more than it is worth, then it seems to me you have answered your own question.

Perhaps you could sell it for scrap and recoup some of your investment.

If you are disappointed that you do not get instructions for defeating locking devices on this forum, you are not the first, nor do I doubt you will be the last.

If you can deliver the ATM to a locksmith rather than have him come to you, and you are not in a hurry, you might be able to get a better rate.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

... or abandoned by the burglars who stole it from the convenience store.

Or maybe you are a store burglar claiming to be a storage salvager.

Someone holding a locked ATM asking for help in cracking it open sounds suspicious to me, but, like I said, I'm not a locksmith. It probably sounds even more suspicious to whatever locksmiths you've already contacted in your local area.

Just because it is a newsgroup popular with locksmiths doesn't mean it is safecracking 101.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Using the aioe public news server to possibly avoid being traced...hmmm.

I'd recommend calling your local diebold office with the serial number, and see what they can do for you.

BogusID

I saw a British comedy movie once, set in a jail. Inmates were holding a safecracking 101 class. The instructor advised the students that the best way of getting a safe door open was to attack the hinges.

Perhaps this may assist the OP.

Reply to
peterwn

I went to look at the diagrams at diebold. That isn't the way I would do it.

But I'm not a locksmith or a safecracker nor someone who has both a locked ATM and a spare lock&dial replacement for it.

Reply to
Mike Easter

For what it's worth Ebay is littered with ATM's that are obsolete for one reason or another. Like the post said they aren't worth much of anything. I bought one for $10 once just to have the seller pull a part I couldn't find anywhere else and ship it to me. I was the only bidder and that was for a machine that some of were still in service at the time. Shipping cost is a negative factor too if you are talking about shipping the whole machine. There is a lot of specialized equipment like that that sells for next to nothing because it's either obsolete or because it's usually supplied in connection with a contract or service agreement like cell phones and credit card terminals. He was talking about encryption so my guess is that it's not

3DES compatible and consequently can't be set up on any financial network, which means it's service life is done.

DB

Yeah, I ran across some old ads for the Diebold cashsource (or plus) on CraigsList & Ebay when I was trying to see a picture.

I'm pretty sure that if I went out of business and put some stuff in storage that I later abandoned because it was going to be more trouble to deal with than abandon, that I wouldn't have initially put my own ATM in there locked, but I would have left it unlocked, the way I do a safe which doesn't have valuables in it.

OTOH, I can certainly picture a dumb criminal who managed to steal a locked ATM and not be able to figure out a way to get it open - securing it in a storage facility he later abandoned. Who knows how the (theoretical) criminal handled the identity business when he initially rented the storage.

Reply to
Mike Easter

read the FAQ

you may more understand the answers you are getting. pay close attention to: Questions Answered: 0. [5]Will people on this newsgroup give me information about picking locks, etc.?

g'day

Reply to
Key

try that with SOME safes and you may be unpleasantly surprised. just don't think about re-lockers and tear-gas containers while doing it :-)

seriously, sometimes it IS best to pay a professional.

Reply to
Key

For you best way to

Punch did a typo. 180 degrees. The little squirrels were all excited thinkin they found a mistake in a punch job post. Too bad. Drill the holes 180 apart but if you didnt figure that out you prolly shouldnt try to open this f***in thing anyway. Bogus is prolly drillin holes 90 degrees apart with the walmart 5000 right now tryin to figure out why the dial keeps tryin to come off crooked.

Reply to
Punch Job

You arent gonna set off a relocker, or tear gas on the half f***in century old shit that has it by goin at the hinges whether it works or not and usually it aint gonna do shit but piss off the safe owner when he comes in and finds his safe hinges all f***ed up.

Reply to
Punch Job

Take a look at what I wrote you mormon f*ck. You might learn somethin cause we all know you dont have a clue how to open the f***in thing.

Reply to
Punch Job

he aint dissapointed cause I just told him everything he needed to know. He prolly just figure none of you know how to do it anyway and with maybe one or two exceptions hes prolly right

Reply to
Punch Job

I got a tear gas containered safe 3 blocks from me.. The business closed BUT after some talking, left the safe unlocked...AND still in the building. --Shiva--

Reply to
me

wasn't referring to this guys ATM as having a gas container but those gas containers were awesome. had on go off in a friends shop once and he had to close down for the rest of the day. what some also don't think about is the asbestos dangers in many of those old safes.

g'day Shiva

Reply to
Key