Strange drill breakage

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:18:18 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

You have to PAY more for them to leave the salt out of stuff. Go figure, but there are plenty of people doing just that.
I haven't yet come across any low-salt pot pies though in any brand. Both Mom and myself grumble about all the salt too. Neither of us have a restricted diet, but we really don't need all the salt either...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Leon Fisk wrote:

Diabetes and high blood pressure take away almost everything worth eating. :(
prove it.
<snip>

Been there done that now I'm on the new wonder drug Byetta (Lizard spit). If you're not type one talk to your Doctor. I'm type two and was having a BIG problem with control. I like to eat and really couldn't get into a 'Proper' diabetic diet even when I knew what the results would be if I couldn't get the levels down. Been on Byetta for 6 monthes now and my lab results from last nights visit are a 10th of a point below our target. Everything else, blood pressure, chlorestral, etc are perfect. Worth the two tiny needle jabs a day, and I'm needle phobic ;)
Bill

If it's any consolation I'm type 1 and have been for 42 years. 5 injections a day plus 8-12 blood tests. I love the British NHS :-)
Had a bit of a heart scare earlier on this year, now on Statins for cholesterol and ACE inhibitors for blood pressure (Beta blockers are suicide for type 1 diabetics, they mask the symptoms of low blood glucose DAMHIKT)
Mark Rand RTFM

36 years for me. FWIW, all of that stuff is paid for by my insurance. However, during the summer, when I was on a self-paid "bridge" insurance system called COBRA, I was paying at the rate of $14,000/yr. for insurance for my son and myself. (My wife was covered elsewhere.)

I'll see your (2) statins and ACE inhibitor, and raise you a Plavix and a Beta blocker. I think of them as drain cleaners to keep the five stents they stuck in me from getting clogged. d8-)
I haven't had any trouble with hypoglycemic unawareness, taking the B-blocker (Toprol). I realize that the British medical establishment is worried about that issue because you had some people die from hypoglycemic unawareness back when human insulins were introduced.
-- Ed Huntress

You may have that somewhat twisted, Tawm. It's ok to take it when you're the one doing the feeding on the breast-------just not the other way around.
Do I have to explain everything to you? :-)
Harold

You're just jealous.

I'm not allowed to say.
Harold
<snip>

I'd try Byetta but you can't take it if you are breastfeeding!
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:41:11 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

"I didn't breastfeed you until you were 14 for nothing."
-- Jewish Zen: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ www.diversify.com - Uncomplicated Website Design, here and now.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:34:21 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

You have my sympathies Michael and are more of a man than me. I'll throw in the towel and go on a long walk with no plans of coming back when I can't eat what I enjoy anymore...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Leon Fisk wrote:

Thanks, but I'm not perfect. I let myself have a meal that's not on my diet about twice a month. I shave off a few calories, here and there so that I can enjoy Thanksgiving, or other holiday meal, and the occasional pizza. Still, I leave the table before I'm full. The last one was Veterans day at Golden Corral, for their annual free meal for Veterans that is a fund raiser for the DAV. Great food, great service from smiling young staff, but I forced myself to walk away, still a little hungry. If I wasn't diabetic, they would need a hand truck to haul me out the door when i was finished eating. :)
24 meals out of 1095 meals for a 365 day year is about 0.0219% of not staying on my diet, per year. I've had several VA doctors tell me what SHOULD be in my diet, but I was too sick to function when I followed their suggestions.
I kept a logbook of how different foods affected me, and created my own menus. When I finally saw the VA dietitian, she asked where I got the diet, then told me that other then being a little low on carbs, that it was excellent. Over the last three years I have regained some strength, and have gone from being only able to feed, bath and use the rest room by myself, to being able to work about three hours a day. It's no fun, but I'm not a quitter, and I think for myself. If I didn't, those bad diets would have killed me.
There are still a lot of food I'd love to have, but it's either those foods, or my life. :(
prove it.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:26:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon

Sucks, doesn't it? I have to pay more for standard milk, too. I pay more to have them leave it alone!

I can't handle all the salt, either. I lost my taste for it thirty years ago (except with eggs, popcorn, or nuts.) I use pepper and garlic on my BBQ grille for steaks and they come out just fine without any salt whatsoever.
Speaking of which, I left a little BBQ out all last winter and it developed a mold on the grille which ate some chrome off. It looks like a copper substrate showing through in places. Any sane way to repair it? New BBQs are $25, but none have the nice setup and hinged lid like this old Coleman tabletop model.
-- Jewish Zen: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ www.diversify.com - Uncomplicated Website Design, here and now.
Mildly related. I bought compressor oil from McMaster. It arrived the next day (today), as always, but the container was leaking a little. I called McMaster to complain politely. The call took less than one minute and they are sending another container my way.
Guess who will be getting my business.
<snip>

Gee, a NORMAL person would use a wire brush, what are YOU going to do?
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:04:32 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

Tawmy, Tawmy, Tawmy. There you go, like the Fuller man, hawking brushes again. I got the goop off with a cheaparse Chiwanese BBQ grill brush/ShanghaiBrite combo. Now it's half chrome, half what appears to be copper.
Should I buy a Fuller brush? <wink>
-- Jewish Zen: Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated, already? ------------------------------------------------------------------------ www.diversify.com - Uncomplicated Website Design, here and now.
For a replacement grille, I'd consider getting some stainless steel wire/rod and fabricating a new one.
Caution.. metalworking involved, not sure if this is the proper place, or not, to discuss this sort of procedure.
Cut the wire to place the stringers between 2 parallel rods (or bend a perimeter frame), and weld 'em together to make a grille that will outlast the rest of the appliance. A substantial resistance-type spot welder could also be used.
For a weld-free assembly, one could form loops on the ends of the stringers that wrap around the parallel rods, and stamp/hammer form the loops closed tightly around the rods. The loops could be shaped like a proper wire end, intended for placing the wire under a screw, for an electrical connection, for example. When the loops are firmly struck with a hammer, they should deform the rod enough to cause the shape of the rod to be displaced enough to keep the stringers in place permanently. Another approach would be to use heavier material for the parallel rods, and file or grind shallow notches for placement/spacing of the wire stringers.
The ultimate fabrication method would probably involve drilling the parallel rods (or even square stock) to accept the smaller wire stringers. This style of grille would eliminate most of the tiny corners of the other methods, and should be much easier to keep clean.. quite easy with one of those Ohio brushes.
WB ......... metalworking projects www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:12:12 +0000, Tom Gardner wrote:
Well my 7/16 cheap@$$ drill broke in two just by falling from the table. The break was where the flutes end an the shank begins

    [ ... ]

    Speaking of pot pies -- what happened to the *beef* ones? I used to like them, but for the past several years, we can't find them -- at least in our local grocery stores.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
Just had one yesterday. Swanson brand from Piggly Wiggly store in Dillard GA