What Bench mount pillar drill?

I'm currently looking to purchase a bench mount pillar drill, so far I've found Sealey and Draper. Can anybody recommend others to look at? Current
one I'm looking at is Sealey PDM155B which sells for about 230 pounds.
thanks
Gav

I've
Current
pounds.
For that money you can buy a good s/h Herbert or Startrite
AWEM

Make a list of requirements, like throat, maximum depth, chuck capacity, etc.
I picked up a s/h(!) Clarke in nice nick about ten years ago. Does most of my rough work (throat is too small, though) and is still going strong.

Hobby or professional use?
Steve wrote:

Hobby use.I know you can get them for forty quid or so in B&Q but I would like a decent quality one. Not wanting to go over top either though, I'm thinking of spending apporox 200 pounds. A friend works at an industrial power tools wholesaler and says he can get me tools for cost + 10%, so I'm just getting a feel for what is worth buying before I ask him.
Gav

far I've

Current
pounds.
would
I'm
industrial
so I'm

There is a Meddings (good make) advertised on homeworkshop for 85:
http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk /
AWEM

Fobco's were good solid machines as well. See eBay item 7575635529. This one is full height, but bench ones come up quite regularly too.
--
Charles Lamont

    --Not sure of the capacities required, but for smaller stuff, up to, say 1/8" drills, you can't beat these guys: http://www.cameronmicrodrillpress.com /     --I've been using what they call the "Manual micro drill" for decades now. The one time I had to send it in for repair (busted switch) it came back looking like a completely new machine. Very nice company..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Nihil curo de ista tua
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : stulta superstitione...