Aluminium Strip

Hi, Can anyone suggest where I might buy some aluminium strip, it needs to be quite thin and anywhere between 1mm and 1/8th of an inch wide

Regards

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

How thin; how long?

Reply to
Tim Christian

Hi, They need to be 15 thou thick and up to 9 inches long. They are to replace missing trim on a particular make of old toy car

Regards

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

You are going to have to get yourself a guillotine and do it your self. they have small ones at "chester".......under =A350 don't know if these are up to the thickness though all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

This is thick foil rather than sheet. Have you looked at the thick foil available for car body repairs? That can be cut with (decent) scissors.

Reply to
Tim Christian

Hi,

No this is a rigid strip, I am familiar with the foil as I used to be a car painter. I can get a similar strip in brass but no luck as yet in aluminium

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

Thinnest Al sheet in stock is 0.030". I have some self-adhesive foil, 0.010" in a roll about 12" wide. You are welcome to a piece.

Reply to
Tim Christian

What is A1 sheet and what thicknesses are available?

Reply to
isleofthanet

Al = aluminium. Thickness of roll foil is 0.010".

Reply to
Tim Christian

anything thicker?

Reply to
isleofthanet

Next up is 0.030" sheet.

Reply to
Tim Christian

are you in the uk?, can I phone you

Reply to
isleofthanet

Yes I am but as the rest of the message IS MISSING you may not be talking to me - but then how the heck could I know if you persist in cutting out all the previous message??????????????????

For goodness sake STOP IT

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You will have to learn to post properly on the newsgroup, as it is very difficult to keep track of independent sections of text that have no previous conversation(s) attached to show to whom you are 'talking' to.

Most of us snip a relevant piece of the conversation and post this (or our newsreader does it for us) so that the reply is seen in context.

Try using a proper newsreader like Agent or Eudora which has all this ability built in.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Ummh not sure what you are talking about, I am new to the Google groups and only replying in the same way as you! and you!! seem to be getting a bit ragged old chap

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

getting

Blimey he's done it again !!!!!!!

WHO ARE YOU REPLYING TO ???????

....argh........

No you are NOT replying in the same way as others, you are completely removing ALL reference to any previous discussions. I suggest that you follow this link and learn from it (unless infact you are a troublemaking TROLL, and it is deliberate)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

See also:

Charles

Reply to
Charles

His method of posting is actually maintaining a proper reference listing in the headers so that a good newsreader can show exactly who he is responding to if you display the whole thread.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

You are not on a Google group, you are on usenet. On usenet it is considered polite to quote the relevant parts of the post that you are responding to. Since you are with Force9, you could use their news servers with a real news reader ( Agent similar).

See:-

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand