Etched Resist Tape

Hi,

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to buy the etching resist tape that was until recently available from such places as Maplins. I have been told that it is no longer available in this country?

Regards

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

Try these people - they do most things relating to PCBs:

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Would Sellotape Diamond tape be any good? Like ordinary Sellotape but waterproof.

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Henry,

Dont think so I want it to represent roof panel lines on 7mm railway coaches, it is ideal for that and has been the recommended way for many years as it has good adhesion and is the correct width

Regards

Isleofthanet

Reply to
isleofthanet

Glad to see you've got the posting sorted :-))

Circuitape do rolls of layout tape in various widths, and may have some from when we used to do our PCB layouts on firstly a small light box and then latterly on a large A0 light box/drawing board.

Is this what you mean by resist tape? It doesn't actually resist etching fluid, but as you aren't going to be using it for that then it might well be OK. Don't know about the adhesive, sticks to most things though. If you can let me know what width you want and assuming we have that one or one close to it I can send you a roll on Tuesday. We cleared out most of our old stuff some years ago but I think there is still a box of tapes and symbols kicking around.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Yes my son came to my rescue!!. The tape is approx 0.8mm wide and I just know it etch resist tape. Would you like me to phone you? if so let me have your number and a convenient time

Regards

Alan

Reply to
isleofthanet

I'll see what we have here first and get back to you.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I have an old roll of 0.6mm here if it's any use.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Adrian,

Yes it is, can I phone you?

Regards

Alan [isleofthanet]

Reply to
isleofthanet

Phone number sent by email. Or you can email me at the address above.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin