Surface Grinder & Tooling f/s

amw 6 x 18 manual surface grinder(ball bearing ways).Features 2hp motor,overhead dresser,worklamp,good condition.Also included harig spin-all,5c collet holder,suburban knee,magnetic vee blocks,magnetic paralells,large v- block,grinding vise,herman schmidt grinding vise,wee-vee block for harig,extra hubs and some wheels.$3750.00 I have photos of those who request.Located in central california.

Reply to
CANINEBRACE

You're sure pushing this stuff. That's pretty damn spendy for a little manual SG. What's wrong with ebay? You're spamming every craigslist on the West Coast.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Damned spendy. A good..and I mean Good surface grinder like a Harrig, or Jones-Shipman manual are only getting $800 or less here in California.

Im working on sending a pair of extremely nice Jones-Shipman Automatics to Texas for $1500 for the pair.

Gunner

Gunner

[ ... ]

I agree about the price.

What is a "craigslist"? I'm on the East Coast, and have never heard of one.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Craigslist is a free online classified ad setup. To find the craigslist nearest you, visit

- but beware, they can be addicting. They have been around for quite awhile, and they're really easy to use and, like I said, completely free. In fact, I haven't figured out their business model yet. No advertising, no fees for buyers or sellers, no nothing at all. I heard that ebay bought them awhile back, maybe changes are coming. When you get to your local CL, notice that there is a "tools" category. Most items of interest to this NG would show up there or in the "general" category.

I sell there a lot locally, and buy there too. The combination of CL and ebay have put an absolutely giant dent in the for-fee newspaper advertising in my area. Columns that used to be huge are now like 1" long.

The OP of this thread posted his overpriced stuff to a lot of craigslists and also apparently to a lot of newsgroups. I guess I took exception to his whiny tone about his place of employment closing, and his super-high pricing. He's in California, too, where a 6x18" manual surface grinder can go real cheap.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Had my house listed on Craigslist - got as many hits there as on the MLS. I think the final one did just that. It was the first time I had seen it function.

Mart> D>

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

Thanks. Yes, I found a local branch of it from your web page.

They have also reduced the amount of stuff found at hamfests, though they are still fun to visit.

Well ... if it were not for his posting, and you response, I would not have heard about Craigs List, so at least one good thing came from it.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

They do charge for help-wanted ads in SF, NYC, and LA. Apparently this is lucrative enough to finance the rest of the operation.

Craig Newmark, the founder, has a guest column in the August issue of Tecnology Review.

Reply to
Ron Bean