Table for Bridgeport?

I recently had given to me, (practically) a well used Bridgport mill minus the table. The owner took the table for use on a custom built production machine. It's a series 1, w/ a 2J2 variable speed head.

What are the chances of finding a table for it? Where do I start looking? I've been searching on Ebay for a few weeks and haven't seen one come up. I'm guessing that it's not too often table and mill go separate ways, but maybe if someone's parting one out....

Reply to
Dave Adams

Where do you live? I looked at a 2j the other day its a bit rusty but I am sure it could be had for cheap. I live in Connecticut

Reply to
Wayne

Friend of mine in Eastern North Carolina has one. I think it's a 42". Been out in the weather, though. If it's close enough for you, I'll give you his number.

RJ

Reply to
Backlash

Contact this seller:

I have done business with him for years and know he sells new and recondition bases for bridgeports. He does not have any listed currently but he is also in the middle of a move of his operation. Give him a call or email.

Regards

Jim Vrzal

Dave Adams wrote:

Reply to
Mawdeeb

I`ve got a Bridgie minus head sitting in the yard.You can have it for nothing if you can collect.It`s in Bonnie Scotland (G) regards,Mark.

Reply to
Mark McGrath

Wow his prices are up there.

Reply to
Wayne

I know that these guys have some tables, I have seen them.

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I should have mentioned my location: San Francisco Bay Area

Shipping something of that size and weight might be prohibitvely expensive for me, but I'd consider it if the price was right.

I guess it'd be better if I could find something here in California or at least western states where I could pick it up.

How much does a Bridgeport table weigh?

Reply to
Dave Adams

Have you checked enco for a table?

Jack

Reply to
ispcom

My 9x42 table (bare, no screws or bearing brackets) weighs 215 lbs. The bare saddle, 92 lbs.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Try contacting used machinery dealers in your area. I know the one near me usually has tables and other large items (heads, rams, etc.) that have been saved from machines that were otherwise not saleable (or incomplete on arrival) for them.

Reply to
John Sullivan

They are good folks to deal with, but a bit far for someone in the "San Francisco Bay Area" such as the OP. I bet the shipping would be a killer on a Bridgeport table cross-country.

Reply to
John Sullivan

There is exactly what you want on ebay now;

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley