Telescoping gauges

When I was a QA inspector, I got to know the calipers so well that I could measure down to within 3 tenths, off the record.

So turn some go/nogo samples for each diameter. You can keep those within a few tenths. Be sure to build a hardwood storage box to keep them safe between uses.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I wouldn't bet on it, if I were you.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

The two I have, not from them, have ranges of 0.2" - 1.2" and 1" -

2". The larger one includes a 1" setting ring which is useful to check and practice with other ID mikes and gauges.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I'd imagine the .2-4" has rods that get inserted.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yabut every die I make or bore I cut is a different size. I'm making stamping dies, rod ends and other machine parts. Gauges would be firn if I had a lot of repeat work...the only time I repeat is when I f*ck up or the part wears out. This die will stamp out a washer that adapts a hex hole in a brush to 5/8" to fit a bench grinder.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

So, now you're hexing grinders, you li'l witch, you?

You never make just one part from a die. Is it much trouble to turn a gauge for them as you make them? I must be missing something in the dialog here.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lots of parts but only one die to make and every die has a different size bore. Thus, go-nogo gauges wouldn't help.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

OK, I misunderstood what you were doing. Neevermind.

Reply to
Larry Jaques