The fragrance of tools

We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather different experience today. My old Stanley ratchet (not Yankee) screwdriver walked off and I needed to replace it. I was in Home Depot anyway and looked at the tools and there was a Husky that looked the same except for a rubber handle, so went with that rather than drive around hunting for a Stanley. Got home, opened it up, and was much surprised to find that it smelled of Hoppes #9. Why they were using nitro powder solvent on a screwdriver I have no idea but it certainly makes a better impression than the 3 buck HF toggle clamps I picked up a couple of days ago.

Reply to
J. Clarke

So HD tools stink too, but not as badly as HF tools?

Reply to
keithw86

My tools used to stink too and then I learned how to use them more effectively.

Reply to
Josepi

Please, Hoppes #9 is not "stink", but the sweet smell of perfume.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita