The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

Some advice from professionals as far as the proper Grade 70 chain, tensioners and associated hardware is a good thing if you're moving heavy equipment.

Reply to
ATP

The following site has pictures and video clips of trailers that load forklifts, cars, tractors, etc., all from the ground, without the use of ramps or hydraulics. The video clips are at the bottom of the page are very cool.

The Forklift Trailers come in Junior (8,000lbs) and Senior (14,000lbs) sizes and use all metal construction w/ a diamond plate floor.

The site also has a section that states "for all your 'impossible' hauling problems email "Melvin Says". Melvin is a "problem solvers - problem solver" with several patents on trailers. He might be a good resource in addressing "the IDEAL machinery moving trailer".

Dave

Too_Many_Tools Wrote:

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey to upgrade our shops.

While I have moved a number of machines over the years, one common problem is having the means to load and unload the trailer. Rarely have I had access to a forklift at the location where my latest find has been. While there are ways to load and unload any trailer, the common problem has always been doing it with minimal equipment in awkward locations with less than adequate number of helpers. After searching for awhile for a trailer that is made to haul machinery, I would say that the following link shows the best combination of features for a machine carrying trailer. I would like to hear your comments and suggestions as to what you would add to this trailer. While added capacity is always welcomed, there is an upper limit to what a 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup will tow. I would also be interested in your opinion on the Bil-Jax trailer product line.

TIA

TMT

dhost