The remote valve grabber

Very cool. As usual.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Cool, but I still think a small access door would have been the easier of the solutions. You'll need one if anything ever goes wrong, right?

-- Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects. --anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In the enclosure looks like a tall square tower, apparently only with a top cover and top access. (Don wrote, "climbing inside that structure ... requires ladders both inside and out".)

There's a valve near ground level -- for which he added a (4"?) PVC-pipe-plug hatch -- and a vertically-oriented valve higher up. The PVC hatch and the valve_knob_grabber allow operation of both valves.

I suspect that if something goes wrong with the well, a small access door wouldn't give good enough access -- one might have to take a side off the enclosure. The obvious thing to do, instead of making a small access door now, is let the current building rot, and then make a better enclosure with a big door.

Reply to
James Waldby

Perhaps it needs a hole to accomodate the nut that holds the handle on? phil

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Oh, nice catch! And a touch more for the valve shaft that might extend through the nut.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

By "small access door", I meant "man-sized, but not necessarily

36x84", eh? Keyword "door" vs "panel", I guess.

Now that I think of it, I'd install a ball valve, too.

Aren't we having fun rebuilding Foreman's pump house for him?

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

******************* Great idea! With a square hole in the center, it could snap onto a ratchet for high valves that are horizontal.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yah, what if we all showed up at the same time to "help" ? heh heh .... ;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Spencer- Hide quoted text -

The wellhouse doesn't seem that big -- probably has a 2' x 2' footprint. I think that I'd get a sawzall and cut it in half.in line with the clapboards so that the seam wouldn't show. Then, with hinges the top could swing over and you could get access to everything. I'll bet that the top half isn't very heavy.

Reply to
Denis G.

Done.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I'm disappointed at the fact that he didn't include a nut driver for the retaining nut in the grabber/turner thingamabob, knowwhatImeanVern?