The Silver Bull Market

Government "make work" is not industrial activity. If you want to call a situation where there is only one active customer "industrial activity", then go for it.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Indeed YOU are.

Reply to
Big Muddy

Now drop dead.

Really.

Now.

Reply to
Big Muddy

Paper contracts do you no good in disaster you can hold some contracts for silver but you need part in your actual hands for after any economic disaster when your paper silver is found to be worthless paper as it was all over sold just as dollars are over printed by panicking government bureaucrats. Physical silver/gold is NOT for spending while in a financial/economic disaster, it for rebuilding later after things are stable again.

When it comes to a financial melt down all you can count on is that real property you can defend with your gun. And that silver and gold costs more for shipping and minting and storage costs.

Add 25% to your spot price on silver when you order from a dealer.

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

Ass far as I can tell, he wrote absolutely nothing about metal working. So tell us about your shop. Do you have any unusual power tools.

I tried to find a chart of silver vs the S & P 500, but no luck. I have a little silver, but only a little. Silver is a really poor investment. I would much rather have stocks that appreciate in value , than silver that h as hardly gone up in value. When I was a kid you could get a silver dollar for a dollar so silver was one dollar an ounce. Now it is about $22 an ou nce. Not much of a gain there compared to stocks.

So what kind of metal working do you do?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

The Hoover Dam being industry would mean the Pyramids were an industrial project, and NOT just a giant Government jobs program by the Egyptian Pharaoh's?

Reply to
BeamMeUpScotty

On 12 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Irreverent! Considering the entire stock market fell 90%:

- Harold Bierman, Jr., Cornell University

Except mining stocks which jumpped 400%:

Thanks to unfulfilled demand of PMs that were not in a free market due to governdamnit regulation. The price of open markets was pointless to the day-to-day needs of people who consumed - not invested. Just as it was pointless to those who needed a stable store of trade.

"the money of account of the United States shall be expressed in dollars or units of the value [weight] of a Spanish milled dollar as the same is now current, and to contain three hundred and seventy-one grains and four sixteenth parts of a grain of pure silver."

The constitutional dollar in the United States is a "determinate, fixed weight of fine silver" as per the Coinage Act of 1792.

"Some important state banks in New York, running out of hard currency reserves, suddenly refused to convert paper money into silver. Other financial institutions throughout the nation quickly followed suit. Creditors refused to accept paper currency that seemed to be losing its value by the hour. The American economy's downward spiral accelerated."

- Miller Center, University of Virginia

I'll have to knock you on the head harder, till you get it - or start seeing stars.

Naturally you do not seem to understand that there were several competing currency systems at the time. Fed dollars, silver certificates, United States notes, and of course the revoked gold certificates. The creation of new forms of currency, including debt based Fed notes do not over-ride the fact an ACTUAL dollar IS a fixed weight of fine silver by founding law.

June 1968 marked the first time in the ENTIRE history of the United States that legal tender completely took over - and a PHYSICAL dollar was no longer silver.

Then inlude a JPEG of the actual chart, instead of a several page report that had NOTHING to do with any point you were trying to make about the depression - that did not even a paragraph focusing on that time-frame you were arguing about.

Again a REAL dollar is NOT a just unit of account by founding law, like banknotes are today. **SILVER ITSLEF IS THE DOLLAR**. It is a fixed value, because PMs are money itself. Everything else is an IOU.

I'll leave you with this quote:

"If ever again our nation stumbles upon unfunded paper, it shall surely be like death to our body politic. This country will crash!"

- George Mother Fick'in Washington First President of the United States of America.

So Long Winnie, and Thanks for All the Fish!

Reply to
Robert James

Irrelevant since you stated 1) the price was price fixed and 2) that was required by the Constitution.

You are wrong on both claims. Any relative calculations are just something you dragged in later as a topic morph to bail your ass out.

Sorry, them's the facts.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Irreverent! Your "morph" about my attribution line has nothing to do with your original "morph" about the SECOND Great Depression (1873 was the first to claim that name) when I was talking about the conductivity of silver.

Nor does it have anything to do with your "morph" into digbat crazy Armageddon gibberish and modern offensive military weapons when I was talking about a change of the monetary system.

Also your "morph" about my attribution line has nothing to do with your last "morph" after I provided the sources you requested, upon totally ignoring them. Where you badger on about my ass rather then intelligently discuss the "relative calculations".

You seem to feed on getting in the final word, no matter how more and more irreverent your "morphs" become.

Reply to
Robert James

Pathetic attempt to bail out after making a double misstatement snipped.

Oh, look there is nothing left.

Give it up.

You said the price of silver was price fixed during the Depression of the 1930s; you were wrong.

You said that was because of the Constitution; you were wrong.

As many morphs as you care to drag out will not change that.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Continuous unsubstantiated definitions of insanity made by Winston_Smith snipped.

Soruces that prove my statments are accurate have been provided to you at your own request, which you ignore entirely in order to turn a once civil conversation into your personal flames.

Saying the wrong thing over and over again does not make you correct, simply because you stick your fingers in your ears after I provided sources that called your misguided false statements.

Guess you still feel the compulsive urge to get TLW even after I provided sources that invalidated your morphs.

Reply to
Robert James

Very clever trick. Setting the reply to go to alt.test instead of here so it will appear I had no response. Boy, are you desperate. Sad piece of work, you.

I made no definitions. The main point of contention is history and I provided multiple links to substantiate what I wrote. Your only reply, over and over, has to be to repeat your original statement without support or change the subject.

Damn few if any. Mostly you addressed my comments by changing the subject.

And that's just what you have been doing.

The price of silver was NOT price fixed during the 1930s depression. The price of silver has NOT been controlled by the Constitution since

1873.

If you can prove either of your claims, show us the proof. Not some digression to something that happened thirty years AFTER the depression or what you think of the financial future.

You have provided zero sources to support your original contention.

Show us your "sources" to prove:

  • The price of silver WAS price fixed during the 1930s depression.
  • The price of silver WAS controlled by the Constitution during the
1930s depression.

If you can prove either of your claims, show us the proof.

Snarly little turd, ain't ch?

"My morphs" as you listed them, are simply that you made a lot of erroneous statements in a long post. I corrected some of them. You manage to consider corrections to subjects that YOU BROUGHT up to be "morphs". Nothing more than another wiggle by you to try and pull the thread off your basic error.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The Pittman Act was a United States federal law sponsored by Senator Key Pittman of Nevada and enacted on April 23, 1918. ***The fixed price of $1 per ounce was above the market rate and acted as a federal subsidy to the silver mining industry.***

In 1922 the Mint made silver dollar production its top priority, causing other denominations to be produced sparingly if at all that year. Production ceased temporarily after 1928; original plans apparently called for only a one-year suspension, but this was ***extended by the Great Depression. Mintage resumed in 1934.***

"In usual and ordinary acceptation it means gold, silver, or paper money (Silver/Gold Certificates) used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidence of debt (Federal Reserve Currency). Lane v. Railey, 280 Ky.319,133 S.W. 2d 74, 79, 81."

- Blacks Law Dictionary, What is Money

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

"By acts of Congress in 1933, including the Gold Reserve Act and the Silver Purchase Act of 1934, the domestic economy was taken off the gold standard and placed on the silver standard for the first time. The Treasury Department was reempowered to issue paper currency redeemable in silver dollars and bullion, thereby divorcing the domestic economy from bimetallism and leaving it on the silver standard."

- A History of Money and Banking in the United States; Murray Rothbard. ISBN 0-945466-33-1. (2005)

BULLSHIT, with a capital everything! I have provided several, which you continue to totally ignore. The Pittman Act fixed silver at $1 per ounce and continued through the minting of depression era Peace Dollars. According to Blacks Law Dictionary silver is money. The Silver Purchase Act of 1934 re-monetized silver and created a defacto domestic silver standard.

You failed! You are incorrect, my good man. You 'dun goofed!

Reply to
Robert James

So what kind of metalworking do you do using silver?

If you do not de metalworking, then you are in the wrong place.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Keep slinging it. You might get lucky and something will stick. But so far, you have nothing but irrelevant facts and incorrect statements.

And you are too tiresome to waste time debunking your bull. I fear there is an endless train of it if you babble on for a while.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your irrelevant Winnie, and you have lost your argument. Silver was fixed during the depression by the Pittman Act, just as gold was fixed. The Silver Purchase Act of 1934 monetized silver once again, as per 1792 when the Mint Act defined the constitutional dollar as 371.25 grains (24.056 g) of silver. You are not debating or debunking me, you are simply ignoring the facts and rambling nonsense because you can not admit you are wrong!

Reply to
Robert James

I've been tending to let the mindless automatons who ceaselessly keep spewing the same sort of repetitive and dogmatic nonsense all day, and there are several different versions of that type here for some reason, go on with their pointless obsessions and meaningless prattle.

I just correct whatever errors in their flood of stupidity happen to catch my interest at the time, usually by pointing out the facts and the logic of the case. I know that it won't make the least difference to them, because the mind of a fanatic is, by definition, a closed mind. But at least a small rivulet of reality, fact and sense is on record, alongside the tsunami of ignorant, dogmatic spewage that sort produces. Beyond that, they simply are not worth bothering with, not in the least because their type of fanatical insanity renders them unfit for normal discussion or rational debate.

Reply to
Jeff M

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Jeff M's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:o6idnf9AYsuxp17OnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Sad thing is Winston and I started out with a normal discussion and I was enjoying the debate. Though tragically after demanding references, that I quickly provided he kept yelling 'BS' and ingoring the facts.

Rather then have a normal discussion arguing the facts I provided - as I was more then willing to do, he fully ignored them to continue his tirade. Since he considers Acts of Congress to be 'irrelevant and incorrect', while snipping them because they proved his previous statements incorrect... I'd hardly call that actions of a convincing debater.

Reply to
Robert James

On 13 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your irrelevant Winnie, and you have lost your argument. Silver was fixed during the depression by the Pittman Act, just as gold was fixed. The Silver Purchase Act of 1934 monetized silver once again, as per 1792 when the Mint Act defined the constitutional dollar as 371.25 grains (24.056 g) of silver. You are not debating or debunking me, you are simply ignoring the facts and rambling nonsense because you can not admit you are wrong!

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I haven't been following that discussion. My comment was intended to be general in nature, about conversations that quickly became very tiresome, and the sorts of people who quickly make them that way. Thus, my comment may or may not have anything at all to do with you, or with any other specific individual.

Reply to
Jeff M