The Silver Bull Market

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to BeamMeUpScotty's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:UO5xv.1407$ snipped-for-privacy@fx19.iad:

PMs are about the ONLY single investment with no counter-party risk dependent on banks and debt.

Gold and silver are money, not currencies that can be printed to the point of hyperinflation.

Currency devaluation, stock market and derivatives collapse will not wipe out PMs - unlike paper investments.

Gold and silver will appreciate in nominal dollars, euros, and yen as people experience the weight of debt in the economy.

An ounce of silver is forever an ounce of silver, and has been considered money along with gold for longer then anything.

While tally sticks, Wampum and tulip bulbs filled the role of currency for a short time... as has paper money - silver IS time and time again chosen as real money... as it has been since the dawn of western (the Euro-westAsia-Mediterranean) civilization.

Reply to
Robert James

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Let me interject, you are correct there - I made an accident as I was quickly typing around 3 AM this morning. For once you got me... before you even ate your early worm.

I meant to say 10% in one month, that is in Canadian dollars which I already expalined is what I use. That being said silver is still UP 5.57% USD this month!

For once you caught me in an error, and I'll admit that. Unlike you who drag on and on ignoring entirely any references I provide after you request them.

52-week silver high is UP 7.49%, silver is UP around 500% since I started collecting old Canadian (80% silver) coins as a kid...
Reply to
Robert James

Robert James wrote in news:XnsA36BA8DA08E9robert2600kook@78.46.70.116:

I'm sitting on a 2007 American Eagle Silver proof. claims it's 1 OZ of silver... doesn't seem to be worth very much money ....?

Reply to
Dustin

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Dustin's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:XnsA36BB121E2315C9X238BHEUFHHI5RJ791@94.75.214.90:

Not if you take that $1 at face value... ;)

American Eagles sell for a higher premium then my Silver Maples, and proofs are more for collecters thanks to a big mark-up from the mint.

You are looking at almost 3 times spot ($20.75) for your coin... assuming you have the original box and certificate of authenticity.

My point is the $1 Eagle is worth over $20 in silver alone, while a $20 greenback Fed-note cost just 10 cents per note to make.

Reply to
Robert James

Robert James wrote in news:XnsA36BBA90479BCrobert2600kook@78.46.70.116:

[g]

I do. In pristine condition.

Always good to know. :) thanks.

Reply to
Dustin

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Dustin's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:XnsA36BBFF3CD48DC9X238BHEUFHHI5RJ791@94.75.214.90:

No worries, 'eh! Amazon in that case has them on for even more... your coin is worth upto $80 to a collector!

Personally I only buy American Silver Eagles that are graded, slabbed and selling at no more then two times spot. Too many Chinese fakes!

I like the security features in the new 2014 Canadian Maples and the MintMark SI security feature on Sunshine bars and rounds that make up most of my stack.

Reply to
Robert James

You made the same misstatement in several posts.

I have no desire to "get you", it's just that a lot of what you post is not correct. Your references are almost always a change of subject or morph a previous statement.

Everything is up since I was a kid. It's called inflation and it's always been with us. Have you seen the price of fire lately?

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Not that this is exactly on topic, but I'm advising everyone in the stock market to take the profit NOW. Stocks are way overvalued and will be the next bubble to bust. Sell what you have and leave a little to buy some options to sell the DOW short in 3 months. Buy it on margin and you might make millions depending on what you're willing to risk.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You can also (illegally) melt pre-1983 US pennies as the metal is worth 2 cents for each 1 cent copper coin. Post 1983 are mostly zinc and worthless.

The only US coin in production worth its weight in metal is a nickel (5 cents), made of nickel mostly. I expect the mint to change that anytime now.

1909-1982 Cent (95% copper) $0.01 face value $0.0214343 melt value (7/14/2014) 214.34% Metal % of Face Value

Jefferson Nickel

1946-2014 Nickel $0.05 face value $0.0508181 melt value 101.63% Metal % of Face Value (7/14/2014)
Reply to
G. Morgan

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Winston_Smith's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Of course only when the I talk about currency, after talking about silver - it's a morph. When you morph about the Great Depression after I was talking about current industrial uses - that's on topic. Hell I morphed this WHOLE thread (Facebook ... your friend in need) when OP said two simple words to me "silver coins"!

Rather then actually looking at how my references backed up my statments and debating them with me you just went on about morphing while cutting my whole quotes.

THANK YOU!!!! That has been one of the major points I HAVE been making in this entire thread! Again, which you ignored in all my past posts - that I'd rather save in silver, then paper currency because currency by design *loses value.*

Reply to
Robert James

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to G. Morgan's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net:

I am with you, at least that stocks and derivatives will crash. Yet all that money created by quantitative easing will flood out on that black day. When that happens it will compete against our current currency liquidity. SHTF, I'll want my silver... and so will everyone else who thinks they own silver (or anything else) on a piece of paper.

Reply to
Robert James

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to G. Morgan's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net:

Great minds, Mr. Morgan...

The Man Who Bought One Million Dollars Worth of Nickels:

"The founder of Hayman Capital, the Dallas-based hedge fund that profited from the collapse of the housing market, bought 20 million nickels."

Robert James

Since the topic you started and I replied to was whether the price of silver was price fixed during the depression of the 1930s, yes, fiat currency and industrial uses ARE morphs.

Unfortunately, you cross posted this thread so most of us never say how it started.

I only ever asked you to back up two statements. To date you have backed up a dozen or so unrelated topics.

No, you claimed silver prices were skyrocketing when it was a 1.4% increase, lost the next day.

You claimed the price of silver was controlled by the Constitution.

You claimed the price of silver was price fixed during the depression.

If you now want to try and tell us the thread has been about inflation over many decades, that's a whole new morph.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to G. Morgan's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net:

I am with you, at least that stocks and derivatives will crash. Yet all that money created by quantitative easing will flood out on that black day. When that happens it will compete against our current currency liquidity. SHTF, I'll want my silver... and so will everyone else who thinks they own silver (or anything else) on a piece of paper.

============================================================ [Ed]

Most gold and silver bugs are like political ideologues: Don't bother them with the facts. The fact is, neither gold nor silver has outperformed a passbook savings account over most of modern history. When you compare them over time to any stock index -- and virtually all decent index-based mutual funds outperform their indices -- the performance of gold and silver is absolutely horrible.

On top of that, and contrary to what you're saying, metals are FAR more volatile than real investments made in conservative portfolios. Comparing them to cash stored...where, under a mattress?...is a foolish comparison. Cash is not an investment. It's the opposite of an investment; it's just a sequestered asset that sucks vitality out of the economy.

Take a look at this before you bet the farm on silver. If you need historical data on stock-index funds, take the time to find it. It will save you a lot of heartache some day:

Ed Huntress

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Ed Huntress's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:UWlxv.15644$ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.iad:

Savings acount??? If you live in the European Union, and want to LOOSE money every single day thanks to negative interest rates... just put your Euros into your so-called savings acount.

Shame that my browser with several security addons can not load xml files on macrotrends.net. Though rather then "morph" this into how the Consumer Price Index is a lie, and it's calculations are constantly changed. I will say that even though I can not load that chart for security reasons - I have not doubt that sometime around 1971 after silver was removed from coinage, and unbacked gold from currency is when you really see major the swings of an otherwise relatively calm market. We really only have 45 years of truly open markets to understand PMs value...

Still you will get no arguments from me, if you want to make lots of currency, get quarterly dividends and put your wealth into the economy... buy stocks. If you trust your govenment, trust the banks and just want to stay up with inflation while supporting your country with their debt problems... buy bonds. Though, putting your currency in a passbook savings account in today's economy is about the worst thing anyone can do.

Reply to
Robert James

[...]

{Ed]

I'm not suggesting you should put your money in a passbook savings account, only that, over long periods of time, it outperforms silver. Passbooks historically have paid a lot more than they're paying today. My first one paid 3.75%.

Would you like to question the relative values? The historical data is available. And gold is no better. If you bought gold in the 1920s and sell it now, you've made about 3.7% after inflation. If you bought silver in 1958 and sold it in 2002, you LOST 19.1% on your money.

If you bought silver in 1967 and sold it today, you made 1.08% after inflation. Lucky you!

If you like shiny objects and want to collect them, silver can be fun. If you anticipate the apocalypse in your lifetime, maybe it will help you sleep at night. If you're a rational investor and care about your money, stay the heck away from gold or silver. They don't even work as hedges, because they go up and down like yo-yos when there is any kind of irrational response to market troubles. Stocks are much less volatile.

And if you're anticipating the rapture, how do you know you'll be able to spend gold or silver afterwards? Well, some people have thought about it, maybe. I didn't read this, but this supposedly is the Post Rapture Survival Guide. Maybe silver can make you Rapture-Ready:

Ed Huntress

On 15 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Ed Huntress's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:kLmxv.2401$ snipped-for-privacy@fx13.iad:

So owning silver, while not giving me much of a profit - worked out better then keeping my currency under my mattress?? Sounds good to me, and it is the point I have been making!

Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus for 30 staters (or shekels) of silver, about $300 in today's melt value. Come the rapture, I am personally going to ask the antichrist Damien Thorn for a little more then 15 troy ounces of silver should I see Jesus walking this way. ;)

Reply to
Robert James

On 16 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Betty's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:K_qdnRyj-qNrZ1jOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

The very FIRST American dollar (silver of course) sold for $10 Million:

:-)

Reply to
Robert James

On 16 Jul 2014; I imposed a declaration in opposition to Betty's motion to modify THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION in support of the CROSS MOTION TO VACATE THE PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION. So noted by the Federal Court of Usenet Justice proceeding preliminary declaration, news:- ZydnTTJxKtEk1vOnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

Heck, some baseball cards... and baseballs themselves from just a few years ago sell for hundreds of thousands of greenbacks.

That coin I told you about is the *FIRST* real American dollar. It not only proves my point that a dollar *IS* a weight of silver... but also interestingly enough makes it THE SINGLE MOST EXPENSIVE COIN IN THE WORLD. Even more then any gold coin!

(Again, collector value is NOTHING more then numismatic speculation. I get that - cause the wealthy just want to own something interesting and rare.)

Reply to
Robert James

Robert James wrote in news:XnsA36BC12DC62E2robert2600kook@78.46.70.116:

This was given to me by a close friend who passed away a few months ago. I doubt i'll be getting rid of it.

Reply to
Dustin