The stronger

I want to put some lateral pieces under my trailer frame to stiffen it. They will run from side to side, and weld on. My choices are channel,
heavy angle, I beam, and hitch stock. Which would be better in terms of supporting sag, and holding up weight over a 77" span?
Thanks
Steve

I beam has the best load bearing. But there may be other factors. I used Channel on my truck bed rebuild becase I wanted to weld in a stake pocket on each cross support. And a 5th wheel support in the center. Also needed channel for the front back and sides. So doing the whole thing out of channel was best.
Karl

I would use channel. But keep in mind, your trailer with its tires, axles and suspension, was designed for a certain weight capacity. If you make the bottom stronger, that does not mean that the trailer can carry more weight. Actually less, since you added the deadweight of the supporting members.