The value of manual skills

This is really good:

Jim Wilkins

I have not read the link yet, but there are many times my manual machines have saved the day in my mostly CNC shop. Sometimes only the manual machine could get things working again. A few times the worst (argueabley) machine in the shop. (Least good?)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have not read the link yet, but there are many times my manual machines have saved the day in my mostly CNC shop. Sometimes only the manual machine could get things working again. A few times the worst (argueabley) machine in the shop. (Least good?)

"When any people, regardless of race or geographical location, have not been trained to habits of industry, have not been given skill of hand in youth, and taught to love labour, a direct result is the breeding of a worthless idle class, which spends a great deal of its time in trying to live by its wits. If a community has been educated exclusively on books and has not been trained in habits of applied industry, an unwholesome tendency to dodge honest productive labour is likely to develop."

Reply to
Jim Wilkins