This Blew Me Away!

Lot's of metalwork here, this guy must have cojones the size of pumpkins:

I bet more than a few of us may have fantasized about a project like this...

Have a nice weekend,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I always wondered what out-of-work PHD's do to keep their mind occupied. Probably a government worker. Nice work, however. And, no, I have never fantasized about such a thing.

Paul, KD7HB

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
pdrahn

If I had that much money to piss off, there'd be about 48,000 things ahead of it in line.

Looks like a project for guys with short peckers. Like the big high truck thing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Very impressive! Well engineered and fabricated, engagingly discussed. His resume' should consist of one page blank except for the URL to this.

Reply to
Fred R

Reply to
David Billington

Yeah, every time I watch a coyote/roadrunner cartoon :)

When that turbine is running, it would be a serious mistake to roll the windows up.

Reply to
ff

Very nice. I can't help but think that a more proper application for such a great engine would be a boat (30 ft or so, seems to be most sensible).

Ignoramus25581

How about a Cessna?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Sounds fun, not that I know anything about aircraft, but I would imagine that it would fall apart from the forces involved...

Ignoramus25581

I guess you haven't seen the pictures of an ercoupe with some jato bottles hanging underneath it pushing out smoke and flame.

John

Reply to
John

Jeff, I bet you like this one too:

The Jet Powered Beer Cooler:

Steve

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

Maybe it will start a new round of rocket car myth stories. I still love that one long story about the guy and his buddies who put the Jato in an old Chevy on a mining car. It may be BS but the guy can really tell it well.

Reply to
daniel peterman

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:45:50 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Jim Stewart quickly quoth:

No, the afterburner exhausting into the cabin would be a bit much. Dem pups is FRONT-engined, son. ;)

-- It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars. -- Garrison Keillor

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So it would seem. See

and look for the stories on the Squirt 1 & 2. =)

StaticsJason

Reply to
StaticsJason

Brings back shades of Dave Barry's, "Barbecueing with liquid oxygen."

STeve

Reply to
Steve B

Apparently he sorts spools of hookup wire into spectral order.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:04:06 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Richard J Kinch quickly quoth:

He DOES have enough wire, doesn't he?

Would you prefer the Bad Boys resistor color coding over ROYGBIV order? (bbroygbvgw ;)

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Dynamic Website Applications ====================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's an avocational hazard 'ysee...

Expressed in limerick form, it's:

There once was a racer named Fisk, Who took a considerable risk. When his dragster got traction, The Fitzgerald contraction, Reduced his wazoo to a disc.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Along the same lines, here's a Waco with a turbo fan out of a Cessna. That waco had great vertical performance! Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

That's the way I've always done it...

If I'm making up an arbitrary cable, I try to get the wire color = wire number = pin number as well.

Reply to
Jim Stewart