Seneca Falls Lathe

Someone is offering me an old Seneca Falls metal lathe. Is it worth taking the time to move this thing? How hard are parts to come by? I'm told it works. I just don't know how well.

Does anyone know what kind of spindle thread and morse taper is on it?

The only info I have on it is a number --B255

Thanks for any info.

Ted

Reply to
Ted

Maybe you already have, but in case you haven't, you can search the RCM archives with the Goog Groups Advanced Search for comments about this lathe

Look at all of the search parameters, enter rec.crafts.metalworking, and set the dates for some recent posts (maybe in the last year, for example).

I've seen the Seneca Falls lathes discussed in this group many times, and I believe they're regarded as good machines, but I don't have any first hand experience.

You can also try eBay for various parts, just to see if many are available, to gage whether they're readily available.

Ted wrote:

Reply to
Wild Bill