Seneca Falls Star Lathe

Can anyone who has a 10" Star Lathe please tell me what size is the
tailstocktaper. What I have in there now is a Jacobs Chuck arbor #2
morse tapor with a #33 Jacobs taper. Is this just a standard #2MT?
Reply to
Chuck
Chuck, My Star Lathe has an MT2 taper in the tail stock. I use a Jacobs Chuck, MT2 dead centers and MT2 drills and reamers in it with no problems. Jeff
Reply to
Jeffrey Lindemuth
Chuck,
I have a Seneca Falls Star 10" lathe, vintage probably late 1910s. The tailstock taper is definitely a standard No. 2 Morse.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Chuck) wrote: > Can anyone who has a 10" Star Lathe please tell me what size is the > tailstocktaper. What I have in there now is a Jacobs Chuck arbor #2 > morse tapor with a #33 Jacobs taper. Is this just a standard #2MT?
Reply to
Dave Robinson
Many lathes have MT-2 tapers in the tailstock. I believe it is most common.
The taper pair you have has a Morse Taper 2 for the tailstock and one of the common Jacobs tapers #33 for the chuck.
Be sure to buy a metal working MT-2 tailstock tools - many wood working tools are sold in that size and are not the same strength for metal wear.
My wood lathe is MT-2 headstock and tailstock.
Martin
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn