Seneca Falls Star Lathe

Can anyone who has a 10" Star Lathe please tell me what size is the tailstocktaper. What I have in there now is a Jacobs Chuck arbor #2 morse tapor with a #33 Jacobs taper. Is this just a standard #2MT?

Reply to
Chuck

Chuck, My Star Lathe has an MT2 taper in the tail stock. I use a Jacobs Chuck, MT2 dead centers and MT2 drills and reamers in it with no problems. Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Lindemuth

Chuck,

I have a Seneca Falls Star 10" lathe, vintage probably late 1910s. The tailstock taper is definitely a standard No. 2 Morse.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Chuck) wrote:

Reply to
Dave Robinson

Many lathes have MT-2 tapers in the tailstock. I believe it is most common.

The taper pair you have has a Morse Taper 2 for the tailstock and one of the common Jacobs tapers #33 for the chuck.

Be sure to buy a metal working MT-2 tailstock tools - many wood working tools are sold in that size and are not the same strength for metal wear.

My wood lathe is MT-2 headstock and tailstock.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn