thread adapter

I have a filter mount with 3/4" - 16 threads and a box of diesel fuel filters with

1" - 12 threads. I need a sleeve/adapter/bushing/collar/reducer, whatever you want to call it, to screw on to the 3/4" mount and make it 1" so I can use the filters. Help?!
Reply to
kellrobinson

I can sell you a 3/4"-16 tap and a suitable tap wrench.

Ignoramus16400

Uh hunh.

Reply to
kellrobinson

Very modern of you, crying about needs. Speak practically. You want someone here to make this for you, you want to know where you can buy it off the shelf, what?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Idiot . So what , you want one of us to whip you one up on our lathe ? Shop time here (my little shed/shop) is 75 bucks an hour , I estimate 12 hours for your little project . I'll get started as soon as I get the 50% deposit ...

Reply to
Snag

Yeah, I can't imagine why he didn't jump at the chance to buy a tap that'd put a 3/4" thread in a 1" hole...

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Yer an idiot too . Or maybe just a functional illiterate .

And I quote "I have a filter mount with 3/4" - 16 threads and a box of diesel fuel filters with

1" - 12 threads. I need a sleeve/adapter/bushing/collar/reducer, whatever you want to call it, to screw on to the 3/4" mount and make it 1" so I can use the filters. Help?!"

Sounds to me like he needs some internal threads 3/4"-16 , and a tap will surely do that ... But I was referring more to his attitude . Just what action did he expect from those of us who read his post ? My offer of shop time stands ...

Reply to
Snag

I think that he could do something with a 3/4-16 tap, indeed. It is tricky, though, the adapter would have very thin wall.

Ignoramus16400

And I wonder what the flow pattern is thru the filter . Likely that is the inlet , outlet is outside that diameter . Means that the adapter would have to be no longer than the original mount threads or the sealing surface would not work out . Kinda like an oil filter mount . A lathe would do it , if the operator were careful . I think he'd be better off ebaying these filters and getting the right ones for his application .

Reply to
Snag

I want to know where I can buy it off the shelf. After I posted I found out perma-cool sells some products that include such an adapter. It's too early in the morning to call them right now, but I will find out if they sell the adapters individually.

Reply to
kellrobinson

you're so smart

Reply to