threaded 1" or 1-14" ID steel tubing needed

Anyone know where I can buy a 2 foot length of SAE threaded srteel tubing?

BoyntonStu

Reply to
stu

Bringing your Subject: header down into the body for complete information (not all newsreaders display the subject while you are reading the article), you asked:

'Subject: threaded 1" or 1-14" ID steel tubing needed'

What thread pitch? A standard thread for a 1" diameter (or I guess that your other was supposed to be 1-1/4" diameter) would be deep enough to structurally weaken typical tubing thicknesses.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

An auto parts store. Not the usual AutoZone or the like but a real auto parts store. Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Sounds like the connecting rods used between spherical rod ends. McMaster only carries up to 3/4-16. Perhaps check with some of the rod end manufacturers; Heim, Aurora, Morse, etc., or a bearing distributor.

Googling

"rod end" "connecting rod"

or

"spherical rod end" "connecting rod"

turns up some promising links.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

IIRC, that sounds like conduit or water pipe, and I have seen conduit available in continuously threaded pieces. Ask an electrical supply.

Reply to
carl mciver