Tom's experimental swarf brushes

Maybe, Jim.. sounds about right for the military mindset. Anyone else would know that all ya need is.. a small punch and a roll of silver dimes.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

The thread seemed to quickly get away from Tom's generous gift and job and people memories that live in our tools. I was brand new to usenet when Tom posted his offer. I didn't believe that much in life was free, but decided "what the heck". Thankyou, Tom, for your generosity. Your brushes cling to my drill press with a magnet and see some use every day and I too think of you when I use them. I also have many tools that evoke memories of particular jobs or people strongly associated.

Thanks again, Tom.

Reply to
DanG

You're very welcome! I received a lot of good data from that promotion and made a lot of friends! No doubt you've see a bunch of my stupid questions over the years and you wouldn't believe how many ideas I've gotten from the answers. A lot of my machines have RCM ideas incorporated into them. The latest will be up and running in a month or so. I'll post some pix.

Reply to
Buerste

Ahh, then the "Don't Raise the Drawbridge, Lower the River!" philosophy did finally sink in... ;-)

Oh, and we need a Shop Cat Report, haven't seen one in a while.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

What a great story. What poetic western justice! V

Reply to
Vernon

Now that it's cold, the cats seem to spend all their days snoozing on an empty desk. They curl up together so you can't tell where one starts and the other ends. However, the motion activated video shows they have an active night-life. They run around, stalk the patrolling guards, catch critters and beat each other up. Then, they must make-up by morning so they can curl up on an engineering dept. desk and snooze again all day. We did cut cat-holes in the office walls so they have free access everywhere. I don't find mouse turds on my desk anymore but I do get dusty cat paw prints on my chair, desk and keyboard. They push my mouse off my desk if I don't hide it...how appropriate!

Reply to
Buerste

Be thankful they don't chew the cord.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

They haven't destroyed or damaged anything at all in their entire lives...except critters.

Reply to
Buerste