Tool bargain followup

A few of you may remember the question I posted a while back about hand tool bargains; even fewer of you might care. Anyow, mention was made of a Crescent tool set available at Costco I was considering, but wasn't sure about because I couldn't examine the tools before purchase. I was just there today, and there was an open box there for some reason, so I decided to check everything out. I was quite pleased with the tool quality, it appeared nicer than the ones in the smaller blister packed set they had on display and certainly nicer than the current crop of Craftsman tools I saw at the local Sears. Plus the price had been dropped quite dramatically... it was originally up around $200, and now it was down to $160, so I decided to go ahead and purchase it. It's a 278 piece set full of ratchets, sockets, nut drivers, open end wrenches, hex keys, screwdrivers, and various other useful bits. Definitely a good bargain from what I've seen so far. I figured I'd let everyone know, especially with Christmas coming up... Crescent looks to be owned by the Cooper Tools Group, which was a favorite pick of one of the posters here, and you'd be hard pressed to find a set like that at a better price.

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man

I once bought a nice 3/8" SK socket set at Costco for 60 or 70 bucks- same set is about 130 everywhere else. The Crescent set does look like a good deal, although I wish they would bring back SK.

Reply to
ATP

ATP wrote: (clip) I once bought a nice 3/8" SK socket set at Costco for 60 or 70 bucks- same set is about 130 everywhere else (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^ I just bought a very nice Crescent socket set that I didn't need, at Costco, for about $20, and it is satisfactory in every way.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

i think sk is called facom

Reply to
Asp3211968

so of the low prices may be a store mistake thay may be losing money

Reply to
HaroldA102