Tool Quiz

I've had this tool about forty years and use it for its intended purpose a couple of times a year.

Who knows what it is?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You sho' stretchin' our minds with that one, Jeff.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

I had a feeling I'd get a corny answer like that John!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

My grandad had one of those to create a bump in his leather shoe, thereby relieving pressure on sensitive areas (corns) on his toes. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

It looks like a masculator. Think about Steers and Bulls ( owch!)

Reply to
Pete

Reply to
John Hall

Wouldn't that be an Emasculator? It seems to me that a masculator would put 'em back. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Yep, that's it, and it looks like their still selling them design hasn't changed much in all the years I've had mine (Why mess with a good thing?):

This tool has been a Godsend for me as I was cursed with a "big little toe" on my left foot. The tool lets me put a bulge in just the right place to make my left shoe fit like a glove. The clamp screw at the back of the handles permits keeping pressure on dampened leather overnight to help get a good stretch.

When I was a kid, anyplace that sold shoes had Al Bundy types to help fit shoes for its customers. Those tools (called "Hoke ball and ring stretchers") were commonplace in those stores and the shoe salemen would use them to help you get a more comfortable fit if needed.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

It's a flaring tool for canvas rivets????

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

You mean an "elastrator"? Just don't look at the first Google hit for the word, really...

Just helped a friend use >It looks like a masculator. Think about Steers and Bulls ( owch!)

Reply to
Felice Luftschein and Nicholas

At last, a reply that doesn't make me cringe!

Reply to
carl mciver

A medieval ear piercer?

=:P

Reply to
DeepDiver

I am reliably informed they come in three varieties.

Plastic

Metal, kept on a warming pad

Metal, kept in the refrigerator

The last type is being phased out as it leads to too many black eyes on male doctors...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Probably the same refridge they keep the sethescopes in.

Right under the cabinet that holds the prostate exam finger enlargers.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

On Sun, 08 May 2005 03:59:11 GMT, the inscrutable Gunner spake:

I thought that was a freezer.

REAL terror: coming to the realization that -both- of the doctor's hands are on your shoulders during the prostate exam.

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My doctor used to play pro football. He has hands like a catchers mitt.

Ouch.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

- John Stewart Mill

Reply to
Gunner

Probably still beats finding out you have metastatic prostate cancer.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

So does a 15" strap on.