Torque adjustable tap collets

I bought some torque adjustable tap collets for my tension compression tap holder to run in my CNC mill.

How do I set tension in these so they slip just before breaking a tap? Or is this a factory set thing and don't worry about it?

Karl

P.S. I spent the whole afternoon yesterday modifying my T.M. Smith tap holders to use these blitz style tap adapters. Had to cut a little square drive notch in both sides of the collet holder. It was WAY too hard to mill. Had to EDM and grind.

Reply to
Karl Townsend