Touch lamps

Over the years I have amassed a collection of a dozen or so touch lamps that don't work. Some were cheap and some weren't, most donated some I bought. I haven't looked at any of them but now I could use a few and some are really quite nice. I was thinking of just putting an in-line switch on the cord and direct wiring the bulbs unless there is a cheap-easy fix and a common denominator problem. I don't even know how they work other than it's body capacitance or such.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Somebody makes a cheap, universal touch switch module, but I don't know where to get them. I'd think maybe a local lamp store might know. Possibly a craft place like Michael's.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Last thing I ordered from PRC got here in a week and a half; lately it's been about two weeks, give or take a day or two. What seems to decide it is how fast they put it in the post; once it's mailed, it takes a little more than a week to show up in the mailbox.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Maybe they're adding people to the Oriental DHS. They stopped just passing through cargo boxes and started looking at each box as of last Christmas, according to some vendors I've been buying from.

I'm glad that the Chinese gov't is subsidizing all the mail. I'm having a ball in imports.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A Ham radio next door will turn the lamp on and off. Particularly in CW mode it is quite spectacular. Ask me how I know...

Michael Koblic, Campbell River, BC

Reply to
mkoblic

Been a while since I've been here. Home Depot has the module for about $10. It's usually in the lamp parts section. But could be in the dimmer section. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk