Trailer bed painting?

Yes, they will.

Gunner "Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

I bought two 5x10 flag stickers on ebay, hopefully they will work fine. Otherwise, I am done with my trailer, except wiring. It is fully assembled, frame is painted, and it now has a Fulton trailer jack attached in a very convenient location.

Ignoramus1375

That will work just fine. As long as the surface is free of waxes and is fully cured there will be no problem. Use a little water if you are putting on a really big one so you can work out any bubbles.

Reply to
daniel peterman

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:57:07 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus22134 quickly quoth:

I'm not too dippy about camo but that trailer's original paintjob was great.

=:0

Um, let's hope your wife doesn't see you with the pintle ring, Ig.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:19:19 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus22134 quickly quoth:

There's an excellent task for your kids, Iggy. Have them cut the stars out of a rectangle of frisket. The stripes can be had with masking tape and paper. Outside camo, inside stars and stripes!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry, I bought some vinyl stickers. I will paint the sticker area with some glossy paint and stick the vinyl to that. The americal flag decal will fit the camo pattern very nicely. I decided to use bedliner inside, and keep the camo pattern outside. I will repair the paint job rather than paint over it.

Ignoramus1375

A good picture of the current camo paint job can be seen here (not a new picture).

I will place the two flag decals on the right and left sides (one on right and one on left), in front of the side panels. They will go approximately where you see the yellow government liquidation/DRMO sticker.

i i

Reply to
Ignoramus1375

Rex

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:34:07 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus1375 quickly quoth:

OK. My dad gave me some rope block and tackles identical to the pair you have on the front left of the trailer there. Small world.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

These are great, they helped me lower this trailer slowly and safely in a stable manner.

Ignoramus1375

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:57:27 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus1375 quickly quoth:

They're sure quieter and smoother than come-alongs. (Which reminds me to reshape the spring for my HF 2-ton. It gets caught when letting out the cable and becomes a real PITA.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I wonder if you can find a "subdued" flag sticker?

It would be appropriate on the trailer

Gunner

"Deep in her heart, every moslem woman yearns to show us her t*ts" John Griffin

Reply to
Gunner

OOOOO! I like the license plate!!