Trak CNC2 Operation ?

Has anyone here used this controller?

Do you have any hints for operation of it?

I recently acquired a mill with this controller installed. I fire it up and the display seems ok. I ran through a few of the diagnostics and it seems ok. But attempting to Jog has no effect. I can't get any axis or motor to move at all.

According the manual, selecting Jog (Slow or Fast) should set an indicator, and then holding the axis (X,Y,Z) should jog the respective axis. I cannot get the indicator to light (as if the mode is not selected), and holding the respective axis buttons does nothing.

No faults appear to be set. I checked the buttons and LEDs and all are functional (according to the diagnostics).

E-Stop is not set. There is a remote Stop/Go trigger, but I don't know if that matters. I have tried holding and not, and neither seems to have effect.

I'm sure it's something silly, but at a loss as to what.

Thanks

Jeridiah

Reply to
jw

I can't offer any suggestion other than the support folks at Southwestrn Industries have been very helpful anytime I have a questin about our TRAK equipment.

Errol Groff

Reply to
Errol Groff

It seems to be common on machines of this sort that a lube "low" condition will inhibit all motion. Check the one-shot oiler tank.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I'll do that. Thanks