Added lots of safety wiring and wired the Y axis

After yesterday and today, I now have

1) ESTOP buttons working 2) Overheat thermal switches controlling E-Stop as well. 3) Limit switch on the Y axis fully functional 4) PPMC controller box switches motion circuit on and off.

My next goal is to set up everything so that servo drives are in inhibit, unless machine is on and is able to control positions.

Reply to
Ignoramus19697

Your next goal should be to get some sleep!

Reply to
Buerste

Keep going. What are you planning to make first?

Wes

Wes

Just remember the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time. The last

10% takes the other 90% of the time.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Go Iggy Go!

In case you haven't done it, I would recommend labeling the e-stops maybe at the terminal blocks, that way when there is a problem it is a simple mater to find what is e-stopping the machine. That's helpful after you've forgot the details, don't have a print handy (do you have electrical prints?) and need to find out why it won't power ON.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Yes,I did label it.

Ignoramus3594

Maybe milling a circle.

Ignoramus3594

Exactly.

Ignoramus3594

The wiring diagrams, configuration files, etc. should be printed out and placed in one of those stick-on document pouches inside the control cabinet. The electronic versions along with all required software should be on a cheap thumb drive in that pouch as well.

Reply to
Pete C.

I am doing wiring notes in a Google Docs spreadsheet. So far it details every connection that I made. It is published here:

It also details a few other things, like my calculations of the total costs, encoder mount blueprint, etc.

Reply to
Ignoramus3594

Ignoramus3594 fired this volley in news:zI2dnaWGuoxTG97RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Iggy, can you eventually compact that all into a .pdf?

(when you're at the point of actually milling?)

It's good stuff!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh