Added lots of safety wiring and wired the Y axis

After yesterday and today, I now have
1) ESTOP buttons working 2) Overheat thermal switches controlling E-Stop as well.
3) Limit switch on the Y axis fully functional 4) PPMC controller box switches motion circuit on and off.
My next goal is to set up everything so that servo drives are in inhibit, unless machine is on and is able to control positions.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Your next goal should be to get some sleep!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Just remember the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
karl
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Exactly.
i
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Keep going. What are you planning to make first?
Wes -- "Additionally as a security officer, I carry a gun to protect government officials but my life isn't worth protecting at home in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Maybe milling a circle.
i
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Go Iggy Go!
In case you haven't done it, I would recommend labeling the e-stops maybe at the terminal blocks, that way when there is a problem it is a simple mater to find what is e-stopping the machine. That's helpful after you've forgot the details, don't have a print handy (do you have electrical prints?) and need to find out why it won't power ON.
RogerN
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes,I did label it.
i
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ignoramus3594 wrote:

The wiring diagrams, configuration files, etc. should be printed out and placed in one of those stick-on document pouches inside the control cabinet. The electronic versions along with all required software should be on a cheap thumb drive in that pouch as well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I am doing wiring notes in a Google Docs spreadsheet. So far it details every connection that I made. It is published here:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Bridgeport-Series-II-Interact-2-CNC-Mill/08-Spreadsheet/
It also details a few other things, like my calculations of the total costs, encoder mount blueprint, etc.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Iggy, can you eventually compact that all into a .pdf?
(when you're at the point of actually milling?)
It's good stuff!
LLoyd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 2010-07-18, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I will try.
i
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.