Y axis powerfeed

I hit the back of the column hard and lost the Y axis powerfeed on my Supermax last spring. really miss it.

Today, I started chasing down where a shear pin might be. There's a cover labled shear pin on the table left side. look at the yellow arrow in the picture. it appears to be for the X axis only.

Just above this cover was a black rubber plug, red arrow. In here, you can see the Y axis turning and then stalls when engaging the Y axis feed. See the close up picture. The shear pin must be VERY NEAR here. I don't see it or how attack getting to this spot.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Reply to
Karl Townsend

It pays to cast a wide 'net.

A guy on another forum has my mill AND the manual. Its just a few minute job to change out a taper pin.

Reply to
Karl Townsend