Turbo Incabulator

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I missed the Staff Meeting but the Minutes record that Gunner Asch reported Elvis on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:11:43

-0700 in misc.survivalism:

Now that sounds scientific. And he has a white lab coat.

You reckon he's going to need any machinist in the production of this wonderful device?

- pyotr filipivich. Just about the time you finally see light at the end of the tunnel, you find out it's a Government Project to build more tunnel.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Both videos are based on "The Turbo Encabulator in Industry", which was written a very long time ago (I have a copy in a book entitled "Random Walks in Science", which I highly recommend). I'd guess it's 1960's vintage. I can look it up if folks are curious.

Back around 1990, I was working on a laser communications system to fly on NASA's Advanced Communications Technology Satellite (ACTS). We had some blueprints of the satellite structure so we could figure out the mounting interface. Buried in the middle of a large complex drawing was a little note with an arrow pointing to some piece of the structure. It said "Nofor Trunnion", and I knew immediately that the draftsman was a Turbo Encabulator fan.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Doug White wrote in news:Xns9D555C45626DAgwhitealummitedu@69.16.186.7:

It's older than I thought. I found this on-line: "The turbo-encabulator in industry" is the contribution of J.H. Quick, graduate member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers in London, England, and was first published in the Institution's Students' Quarterly Journal vol 15 no. 58 p. 22 in December 1944."

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Very similar to this this device:

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

On a metalworking note, the 1962 GE turboencabulator version has tremie- pipes made of Crapaloy (tungsten cowhide). See note under "Case" in second picture at .

Reply to
James Waldby

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:00:22 +0000 (UTC), the infamous James Waldby scrawled the following:

I want antigravic marzelvanes on my next car! They're sure to reduce sinusoidal depleneration during air maneuvers.

-- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. -- John Muir

Reply to
Larry Jaques