UPS box smoker

Be wary of galvanized or cadmium plating in anything in your smoker. Bad stuff for food contact,

Reply to
bamboo

What kinds of parts MIGHT have it? As I said, I will use stainless steel racks.

Ignoramus2238

Good advice, but:

Remember this is a smoker. Temp inside shouldn't go above 200 F

I'd sure make sure my shelves are cadimum free, but the stuff which isn't in contact with the meat is less critical at those temperatures.

If OP is really concerned about possible contamination, I'd spray the inside with high-temp paint and let it cure throughly before use.

rcook5