USA Post Box

Hi Iam looking for plans to build a USA style post box in sheet metal? Cheers Colin.

-- East Coast Nature Guides Lowestoft Suffolk. enquires to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

Some of us old welders who have suffered the teen sport of mailbox bashing like to make them out of 8" [20 cm?] steel pipe and deep channel iron. Painted with aluminium paint they look very realistic in the dark until the little vandals hit them with a baseball bat. It makes them vibrate all the way back to town. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

Hmmm... interesting project. I tried looking for patterns on the web with no luck. I assume you are talking about the rounded top square bottom rectangular base type.

I have seen them made either with rolled seams or welded seams.

Might be cheaper to order one and then measure it.

Reply to
Greg Krynen

--What he said. There was a loooong thread here some time back about what constitutes an adequate mailbox in hostile territory, heh.

Reply to
steamer

The "Rural Route" one with the flag or the big blue one on street corners? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle