Useless but nice

I'm building the gingery lathe. Thus far I've fitted it with UHMW-PE
bushings as an experiment, to be replaced soon with bronze ones.
Today I was facing the face plate and when the tool tip aproacched it I
noticed a very tiny spark jumping from the former to the later. Guess it
is static built up from the bushing-arbor contact. It does surprises me a
bit that a low frctioin material cat build up enough static.
Anyway, a fun tidbit to liven up my day
Regards,
Camilop Ramos
Reply to
Camilo Ramos
Please post your progress and pictures too!
Wes
Reply to
Wes