Useless but nice

I'm building the gingery lathe. Thus far I've fitted it with UHMW-PE bushings as an experiment, to be replaced soon with bronze ones. Today I was facing the face plate and when the tool tip aproacched it I noticed a very tiny spark jumping from the former to the later. Guess it is static built up from the bushing-arbor contact. It does surprises me a bit that a low frctioin material cat build up enough static. Anyway, a fun tidbit to liven up my day

Regards,

Camilop Ramos

Reply to
Camilo Ramos

Please post your progress and pictures too!

Wes

Reply to
Wes