uses for cheap threading die set

Hey Mo,

Me old eyes ain't what they used to be...so....I've got a set like those (in fact two in inch, and one in metric) with the taps stuck shank in, and the dies glued over a suitable hole each, on a small "test" board that I use merely to "size" the odds and sods that turn up off the floor or at a garage sale or what have you. If the screw/bolt, or the nut, won't fit, then it is of little value to me anyway. Just goes in the scrap metals bin. Works better than those "screw thread" plastic doohickeys.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Hi all

Reply to
Brian Lawson

This is why I'm glad I inherited my grandfather's two tap and die sets. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

And the winner for the best idea is Brian!!

Dan

Brian Laws> Hey Mo,

Reply to
dcaster