Using an English wheel

I have access to a english wheel and have been trying to wheel simple shapes from 16 gauge aluminium . Although I do enjoy playing with the english wheel I think I'm ready to learn how its done . Does anyone know of any courses in the U.K I live 30 miles south of London. cheers Marc

Reply to
marc

|I have access to a english wheel and have been trying to wheel simple |shapes from 16 gauge aluminium . Although I do enjoy playing with the |english wheel I think I'm ready to learn how its done . Does anyone |know of any courses in the U.K I live 30 miles south of London. | | cheers Marc

You should explore this with the vintage racecar crowd. Do a Google search, I bet someone will offer to "apprentice" you.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Reply to
David Billington

marc, Check with an EAA chapter or an aircraft mechanic. hese are often used for aircraft parts.

Bob

Reply to
Bonza

wheeling is more of a hobby , I wont have enough time to become a apprentice. But a course to teach me the basics is really what I'm after , if not maybe someone can recommend a book or a video on the subject.

Cheers Marc

Reply to
marc

But a course to teach me the basics is really what I'm after , if not maybe someone can recommend a book or a video on the subject.Cheers Marc>

Two sites that have a lot of info on English wheels and use thereof are:

Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

Thank you for the links , the sites have a lot of useful information.

marc

Reply to
marc

Try:

Tony

has some wheeling info. Lots of other related info to.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

There are a couple of videos available from

Doug

Reply to
DougVL