12 years ago
What has been your experience in creating a 'lathe'
part on a CNC vertical mill?
I need two small idler rollers.
I want to put say 6-1/2" of 1-1/4" dia. CRS round
bar in an R8 end mill holder and turn 2" (total)
of the length down to 1" OD to press into needle
Between these axles, I want to turn a .3125" radius
semicircle feature and a couple lands.
Other operations will include some polishing and
There will be no drilling.
Your thoughts please?
* Don't do it. It'll be Chatter City?
* Do it but here are a couple gotchas?
* Buy a rotary table and use a ball end mill?
* Send me your sketch and I will bang out a couple
on my real CNC lathe?
* Make a form tool and make these parts on my
* Send a sketch out to a machinist?