Web Site Critique / Ideas

With the holiday season coming up, business usually slows down a bit for a few days. During those times, I like to re-think the web site info I have out there.

Today, I'm re-thinking an application page we threw up on the site a while back which seems to work well for us. If you have time and are opinionated enough to give me your thoughts , I'd love to know if you think we have missed an important application and/or opportunity on the following link:

Do you know of an application that we could add which would draw customers to me? How about a different angle on a current application? Etc...

A perfect example is that we just added the page for simple drill press users... Never thought of the obvious and most common use until now. Duh!

As you will see, we mainly offer the product for manual processes, but I'd love to hear about ideas from the CNC arena that I haven't thought of yet. I'll owe a whole lot of you free coffee or drinks when we hit it big.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:46:29 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Joe AutoDrill" quickly quoth:

I'm highly opinionated and my time is for rent, Joe. I spotted some Usability problems right off.

Ditto!

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day --

Ending Your Web Page Angst.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You did ask. I will make the observation that your(potential)customers don't care about what you make. They care about what they make. Nowhere on the application page do I see an application. There are pictures of your products, not what can be done with them. Illustrate that pot-walloper production was increased 400% by using the Autodrill, using before and after pictures. Point out the better precision. Show the devices produced using your machine tools and get the customer thinking about how it would apply to his situation.

Candles need a hole drilled for the wick?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Ahh... That's not an in-house answerable issue. But a very good point. Must get follow-up photos if possible and/or info from customers other than their phone calls.

Large ones do. They apparently drill the three wisk holes, insert the wick and pour in wax rather than trying to form the entire candle around the wicks. Shrinkage during the cooling process is a problem or something...