weight of Hardinge CHNC

I'm about to be the proud new owner of a Hardinge CHNC

I'm needing a decent weight estimate for shipping. I just read all my manuals and couldn't find a thing. Anybody know for sure?

FWIW, my guess with barfeed and all tooling is 6000, the seller thinks

2000.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

This site suggests 5000#:

It also appears they know what they're talking about.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Sure seems like a small machine. I reject the 2000# estimate though. Darn pictures don't let me scale it. a CHNC II from a search goes 5000# but is a grossly different machine.

Is that barfeed a pneumatic? Those are rather light if it is like the one on our hardinge turret engine lathe.

I bet it doesn't go over 4000# but if you prepare for 5000# or your estimate, I think you will be set.

Hardinge is still in business, we have one of their hard turning lathes, give them a call and ask.

Wes

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I was given an AHC a few years back to part out. Rented a single axle trailer since I assumed it was 'around a ton'. Permanently bend the axles a bit, so I'd venture to say it's something well above a ton....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson