starter 3C collet set all US made

I have a set 1/8 to 1/2" by 1/8" 3C collets. These are offered for a quick pre-ebay sale. All appear to be in good shape except the 1/2" collet's axial slits are opened wider than I'd expect, but it should still pull in true. Brands are mixed, mostly Royal, plus one each Rivett and Hardinge. The 3/8" collet is stamped "3SB" instead of "3C" but it sure looks identical to me. This is a nice decent set. There is an extra 1/8" collet which is made by South Bend and which has scoring on the face - but it's a duplicate and the Royal 1/8" collet is very clean.

I'll trade straight across for any of the following:

beefy US-made bench vise (75 pounds or more) or blacksmith's post vise clean like-new Bridgeport knee handle (no cracks or missing teeth) clean Aloris AXA or CXA tooling especially 7Rs or sets of 1 or 2 like-new propane regulator with handle and gauge 0-30 psi or equivalent

or I'm open to interesting offers ..

or sell it outright for $80 plus shipping. (shipping probably less than $5)

You can still order Royal 3C collets from MSC but they don't say Royal on them - they just say "England". And they're $24 each. You can get them from Hardinge, of course, and always will be able to, but you will pay at least $25 each.

Ebay comp:

I reserve the right to choose among respondents and it may not be first come first served. I'm leaving for Europe in a week and want this done by then.

To email me see

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin