Welding cart photos in dropbox

These photos are of my first welding project with the new welder, a Miller Dynasty 200DX (previously mentioned on rcm). It's not finished, but the basics are there. Next are bolted on cylinder chocks with draw latches, a drawer, and lead storage hooks.

Regards,

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Nice job! Your welds look better than mine too!

A suggestion if you have a scrap yard or pipe yard. A 1.5-3" tall ring of cut pipe a smidge bigger than the bottles make a great base holder to keep them in place. Lots of that sort of cutoffs in pipe yards, generally for the taking or for a couple Pepsi's

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks, Gunner. I'll post a couple more photos when it's done.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Looks really good. I would second the need to locate the bottom end of the gas bottle by some means even if all you do is weld a few blocks around the circumference. The only other comment is that most of the weight is up high on the top shelf. This may make it unstable and, if it does fall over, the welder will drop an awfully long way. Can you put the welder underneath on the lower shelf?

John

Reply to
John Manders

Hey Peter,

In photo 3, what are the bolts perpendicular to and near the wheels? Looks very "neat" by the way.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX>

Reply to
Brian Lawson

The cylinder chocks mentioned above will positively secure the cylinder. I'm considering providing tiedown loops for the welder, and adding a web strap. The outboard pneumatic tires increase the stability quite a bit, so unless I take it off road, it seems stable enough. Keep in mind that the Dynasty only weighs 45 lbs, much lighter than a tranformer machine.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Brian, the wheels are mounted on 3/4" stub axles. I mounted the axles by drilling a 1"x2"x2" block for the axle at a centerline location to match the caster height, then drilling the clamp bolt location below and perpendicular to the axle hole, tapping and clearance drilling. Then I cut through the clamp bolt hole to the axle hole with the bandsaw. I then used a long 3/4" shaft and clamps to align the blocks for welding to the frame.

That allowed me to put the axle centerline past the argon bottle and keep the bottle pan low to the ground.

Pete

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

Hey again Peter,