Welding fun

Here's a good one.

Line up the work.

Clamp the earth.

Place MIG wire right at work place

Flip, pull trigger.

Clear facemask.

I may be going daft but at least I switched off fast.

****************************************************************************************** I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email !!

Reply to
Old Nick

I've done that. I've also flipped my hood down and found that the dark shield was flipped up for grinding - so you can see through the clear lens. More often I've had the mask catch on something as it's dropping down.

Reply to
Mike Graham

Back in the early 80's two builders at the Seattle Opera shop had a bit of a fued. One guy was a welder and the other a carpenter. I believe it all started with a football team rivalry. Anyway the carpenter said something bad about the welder's team, so the welder snuck over to the carpenter's area at breaktime, and tack welded a few of his tools down to a steel table. The welder thought this was funny, the carpenter did not. The next day the welder went to lay a bead and flipped his hood down - pulled the MIG trigger......flipped his hood up........flipped his hood down - pulled the trigger again.......shook his head....pulled his hood off and looked through it out the loading dock door.

The carpenter had painted his hood filter with black spray paint so it was opaque.

Later that day the carpenter was working next to his bench, bent over routing around under the bench for a jig, with a full gallon of wood glue sitting behind him, and a big ol' butt-crack hanging out above his jeans.....when the welder happened to walk buy.

He stuck the mouth of the gallon jug right in the carpenter's butt-crack and squeezed.

He had glue filling his shorts and flowing right down to his shoes.

A memorable image.

The shop head had to declare an amnesty after that before things got bad..

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I've heard of the cleats on a guy's boots being welded to roof decking, And seen lunch pails hilti'd to steel trusses. Sofety helmets too.

Reply to
clare

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:36:04 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

I can see there was a possible disaster waiting there, if 8t wasn't stopped. But at least those guys were doing it to each other :-<

I have to say the painted weldinggalss took the cake.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email !!

Reply to
Old Nick

Oh. Good. I had to pass it on, cause it gave me a good laugh. But at least I'm not the first one.