Any Aussies/Brits have a Martini Action kicking around extra?

Per another thread, Ed Huntress reminded me that the Australian Cadet version of the Martini action was a superb action for a .22 target rifle. Since they were at one time very common in the UK and Oz, any chance any of them are still available? Just the action would be fine.

Gunner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Ben Franklin

Reply to
Gunner

we Aussies are being advised to be alert and not alarmed. Perhaos in this shaken not stirred?

****************************************************************************************** Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. The rest sit around and make snide comments.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email !!

Reply to
Old Nick

They used to be common here in New Zealand as well, but are becoming increasingly expensive and collectable. let me know if you want to keep an eye out for one. I used to shoot 22 smallbore with one many years ago. Geoff

Reply to
geoff merryweather

Four or five members of our rifle club (UK) still do all their smallbore shooting with .22 Martinis, but they use various Marks of the BSA International. This is the only Martini model still seen - getting less but still quite a few around (particularly in a long-standing club like ours).

Don.

Reply to
Don Petter

Chances are either of the following Aussie gunshops will be able to help you.

Jansa Arms Co.

458 Bexley Rd Bexley NSW, 2207 Australia

Ph: +61-2-9599-2311 Fax: +61-2-9556-1341 Email: jansa@hotkey_.net.au (remove underscore) Website:

Horsley Park Gun Shop Pty Ltd

1848 The Horsley Drv Horsley Park NSW, 2164 Australia

Ph: +61-2-9620-1313

Cheers, Ian

Reply to
Ian W