welding - got laugh - organisation not...

"Great organisation - we swapped over so he painted welded steel and I welded painted steel"

"Richard Smith" wrote in message
"Great organisation - we swapped over so he painted welded steel and I welded painted steel"
-----------------------
Now invent a flux that hardens into protective enamel so you can weld and paint in one step.

That's opposite of "self-detaching" :-)
With Rutile FCAW I got overhead welds penetrating an unprepped butt with gap which had been seal-welded on top - which were smooth enough for lengths of slag to be self-peeling and falling down in gravity.
That was 3 days ago. I didn't realise how well I was doing, as the foreman made threatening noises. So in the melee, "lost" the condition and couldn't get it back. Getting tired and fraught too - the standard downward spiral of a job not on the best trajectory.
Love the idea of a combined flux and ceramic paint. Well beyond me to imagine how that could be done.
Rich S
"Richard Smith" wrote in message

That's opposite of "self-detaching" :-)
With Rutile FCAW I got overhead welds penetrating an unprepped butt with gap which had been seal-welded on top - which were smooth enough for lengths of slag to be self-peeling and falling down in gravity.
That was 3 days ago. I didn't realise how well I was doing, as the foreman made threatening noises. So in the melee, "lost" the condition and couldn't get it back. Getting tired and fraught too - the standard downward spiral of a job not on the best trajectory.
Love the idea of a combined flux and ceramic paint. Well beyond me to imagine how that could be done.
Rich S
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/chemistry/frit
I don't have any patents but I've leveraged ideas into job opportunities.