Weldor aka Egotist

"Christopher Tidy" wrote: There are a few of the rarer metals which also have "-um" endings. Tantalum, platinum, molybdenum, and maybe some more...but I can't think of them... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Of course, you are correct.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I really don't know, and don't care to comment about banker and engineer.

Lawyer is a different story.

suckER, bottom feedER, ambulance chasER, .............

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

This is weird. At first I had no idea what Ned was talking about, but now I can see that it is true that a lot of prestigious occupations end in "or":

Governor, professor, doctor...

And a lot of less prestigious occupations end in "er":

Farmer, butcher, miner...

But what happened here?

Lawyer, banker, engineer...

:-D

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Injinors are notoriously bad spellors

Reply to
Don Foreman

In England do they use Grey or Gray? I know they use colour. I like to use colour every once in a while hoping someone will tell me I misspelled it.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Grey.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Not that it really matters that much, but I *do* have an operators manual/parts list booklet that came with my Lincoln 225a buzz box and it is entitled "Weldor's Guide" (by Lincoln).... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

wrote

Ahhhhh...............

(the sound of Steve basking in the warm glow of validation ................)

;-)

Reply to
Steve B

But it was the work of that troll at Lincoln again, dammit.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Steve B

And what do Miller and all the rest of Lincoln's opposition say ?

My Peerless weldER machine manual calls the operater a weldER as well.

Alan, dousing the glow with ice water < VBG >

Alan, in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 617

Reply to
alan200

Well, that's obvious. Weldors who learn to weld on a Lincoln welder are better weldors than those who learn on Miller or Peerless welders. They deserve the status of the name.

HTH

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B