were to find tsp (again)

i went to home depot and they look at me as if i had hoof and pulled in on a sleigh. does it have a trade name or product name beside tsp. we is the maker.

Reply to
Asp3211968

From

Custom Building Products

5 Lb. T.S.P. (Trisodium Phosphate) Model TSP5

Concentrated cleaner can be used for a wide range of cleaning and de-glossing applications. T.S.P. is recommended for cleaning walls and painted woodwork prior to repainting or for general cleaning of floors, walls and grimy surfaces. T.S.P. is an excellent cleaner to prepare most surfaces for patching or painting because it will dissolve grease, grime and surface oil deposits. In strong solution, T.S.P. can be used as a de-glossing agent to aid in wall preparation prior to repainting or installing wallcoverings.

Internet/Catalog # 106735 Store SKU# 610836

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Asp wrote: (clip) does it have a trade name or product name beside tsp.(clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^ Did you go to the Paint Department? When I was in the paint business, I always used to advise people to wash down the kitchen with TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) before repainting. I am pretty sure one of the brands is Dowman--also have things like spackle, plastic wood and brush cleaner.

I have found that many of the clerks at Home Depot know very little about what they are selling. I asked one of them for a tap, and he didn't know what it was.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Reply to
JR North

Try a Sherwin Williams paint store. Look in the phone book. BTW, TSP is tri-sodium phosphate. Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

I tried the local Sherwin Williams store and found they only had washing soda in a box with TSP as the brand name.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

Well maybe that's why it didn't work so well the last time I tried it!!!

:) Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

ok i found it at the 2nd home depot. the first one does not stock it. thanks

Reply to
Asp3211968

You're welcome.

--Winston