Whasdis called?

I need some fasteners. One side has a very short male machine thread post, like 1/16" or 3/32", and a mushroom head with a Phillips or hex slotted head. The other side has a female receptacle of the same depth and thread, and the mushroom is unfinished. They are to put on Plexiglass panels, or to mount Sentra board graphics.

Anyone know what they are called?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sex bolts?

Reply to
KewlKiwi

Chicago Rivets -- which are really screws such as you describe. They're available with slotted or Phillips heads as I recall. You can get them in various lengths at any leathercraft supplier.

Reply to
John Husvar

They are called "Sex Bolts" (no, I didn't make that up)

Try McMaster-Carr.

-Joe

Reply to
Joepy

Hermaphrodite screws/bolts, "sex" bolts.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh