SPINDLE TAPER ADAPTER

I've got a 1977 Clausing Colchester 21 x 80 lathe with a D1-11 spindle nose
and a 3-9/16 spindle thru hole. The lathe was missing the spindle Morse
taper adapter. Does anyone know where I could find one &/or does anyone know
what the spindle taper may be? It is bigger than a #7 Morse which I
understand to be the biggest "standard" Morse taper.
Reply to
Dean
Bob Swinney
Reply to
Robert Swinney
Or just call Royal. They'll know the taper and which of their adapters fits.
Pete Keillor
Reply to
Pete Keillor
Yeah but, Pete. They want money for them.
Bob Swinney
Reply to
Robert Swinney
Some lathes use a jarno taper.
John
Reply to
John
You're right, they're not cheap. I made one, but very early in my lathe education. Tried to use a sine bar and gauge pin to set the compound, then realized the outside edge of the old compound (since replaced and the compound ways were not parallel due to wear. I bought an adapter from Royal, and think it's worth the money. Hardened and ground (and correct) is good in this application.
Pete
Reply to
Pete Keillor