SPINDLE TAPER ADAPTER

I've got a 1977 Clausing Colchester 21 x 80 lathe with a D1-11 spindle nose and a 3-9/16 spindle thru hole. The lathe was missing the spindle Morse taper adapter. Does anyone know where I could find one &/or does anyone know what the spindle taper may be? It is bigger than a #7 Morse which I understand to be the biggest "standard" Morse taper.

Reply to
Dean

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Or just call Royal. They'll know the taper and which of their adapters fits.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Yeah but, Pete. They want money for them.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Some lathes use a jarno taper.

John

Reply to
John

You're right, they're not cheap. I made one, but very early in my lathe education. Tried to use a sine bar and gauge pin to set the compound, then realized the outside edge of the old compound (since replaced and the compound ways were not parallel due to wear. I bought an adapter from Royal, and think it's worth the money. Hardened and ground (and correct) is good in this application.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Keillor