what about making remote valve for lowering

to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to lowering valve port

message

How about a simpler solution. Maybe just a long handle? Perhaps with a T handle to make operating the valve at a distance easier?
You said "completely" covered though so I'm not sure. The thing is it's a simple valve built into the body of the jack, so setting up a remote valve is not going to be super easy.
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 6:16:13 PM UTC-6, Bob La Londe wrote:

Super easy. Drill and tap for the fittings, and run hoses to and from the remote valve.
Now is that safe??????????????????????
On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:02:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

I have taken apart and modified a couple jacks to work upside down. Doing that I have seen how the valving works. It would be much easier to do what Jim suggests. The little valve you turn on the jack is in a chamber with a hole at the bottom, a hole near the bottom, and a hole with a seal at the top that the valve stem goes through. Turning the valve stem either puts pressure on, or relieves the pressure on, a ball bearing located at the bottom of the chamber. This ball seals the hole at the bottom. When the ball comes away from the bottom oil flows through the hole at the bottom and through the hole near the bottom and into the oil reservoir. There really is not much room to add more plumbing for yet another valve. Eric
On Monday, February 4, 2013 7:03:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Not much room right around the valve... You need to tap into the lift chamber and the reservoir. Those two areas have more than one spot to get at. The remote pump is likely a more elegant solution.

A porta power might be the easiest off the shelf solution depending on the application. Doh! I should have thought of that. I have one, and I have used it like that. LOL.