what about making remote valve for lowering

to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to lowering valve port

Reply to
overkill

"overkill" wrote in message news:4b33f$510ee21a$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

How about a simpler solution. Maybe just a long handle? Perhaps with a T handle to make operating the valve at a distance easier?

You said "completely" covered though so I'm not sure. The thing is it's a simple valve built into the body of the jack, so setting up a remote valve is not going to be super easy.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Super easy. Drill and tap for the fittings, and run hoses to and from the remote valve.

Now is that safe??????????????????????

Reply to
Cross-Slide

A separate hand pump and cylinder may turn out to be easier:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I have taken apart and modified a couple jacks to work upside down. Doing that I have seen how the valving works. It would be much easier to do what Jim suggests. The little valve you turn on the jack is in a chamber with a hole at the bottom, a hole near the bottom, and a hole with a seal at the top that the valve stem goes through. Turning the valve stem either puts pressure on, or relieves the pressure on, a ball bearing located at the bottom of the chamber. This ball seals the hole at the bottom. When the ball comes away from the bottom oil flows through the hole at the bottom and through the hole near the bottom and into the oil reservoir. There really is not much room to add more plumbing for yet another valve. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Not much room right around the valve... You need to tap into the lift chamber and the reservoir. Those two areas have more than one spot to get at. The remote pump is likely a more elegant solution.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

A porta power might be the easiest off the shelf solution depending on the application. Doh! I should have thought of that. I have one, and I have used it like that. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe