What happens when GummyBear is required to buy health insurance?

The Supreme Court of the US has ruled that Gunner can be penalized for not buying health insurance. Period.

Reply to
rangerssuck

The burden of caring for the indigent has been lifted away from the facility that provides treatment, and re-assigned to the taxpayer is all.

Hopefully, the days where small local clinics in rural areas were available, profitable and affordable will return once again.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Sure with lawyers and insurance companies and politicians (none of whom have medical degrees) dictating every detail about how medicine is practiced I find that highly unlikely. Hopeful, but unlikely. Perhaps when the current generations of doctors who paid their own way or put 30 years of their life into hock with student loans have all died or moved into other fields they will finance a generation who won't mind working as indentured servants.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

(...)

I fixed that for you. :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

The penalty for not complying may as well be zero. If there was any genuine enforcement of the penalty then Gunner would ignore that bill just like all the others. There's no way that somebody with decades of experience at avoiding $20 a month for property tax is suddenly going to start paying >$1000 a month for health insurance. The bottom line is that utterly shameless people like Gunner will always find a way to leech. It will be fun to read his excuses though. Of course we won't be reading them for long because he's going to have us AND John Roberts killed sometime in the next 6 months. :)

Reply to
whoyakidding

In other news, the Supreme Court also invalidated the "Stolen Valour" = law today ...

--so don't be surprised when he starts bragging about all his war medals = that he never mentioned before...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

On the foggy edges of my memory, I'm remembering a doctor shouting into the telephone. The bureaucrat on the other end was insisting the patient get AAA medication, and the doctor was insisting that didn't work, and the patient's condition called for BBB, which cost more.

.

Sure with lawyers and insurance companies and politicians (none of whom have medical degrees) dictating every detail about how medicine is practiced I find that highly unlikely. Hopeful, but unlikely. Perhaps when the current generations of doctors who paid their own way or put 30 years of their life into hock with student loans have all died or moved into other fields they will finance a generation who won't mind working as indentured servants.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You know, that does look more appropos.

.